Information on Funding
Funding can be made available from any of the below options.
- Adults and Communities (through a Social Worker)
- NHS/GP (through a community nurse)
- Direct Payments/Virtual Payments
- Independent Living Fund
- Pay Private
Holly House Day Services Centre
- Various amenities such as speech and language therapy, chiropody, art, needlecraft, music, day trips, parties/discos, aromatherapy
- Meeting clients of similar interests
- Visits by medical personnel for health improvement, nutritional advice, basic keep fit advice etc
- Supporting people with day to day tasks e.g. shopping and form filling
- Entertainment e.g. cinemas/theatre visits, library, bingo.
- Training clients for independent living with light domestic tasks such as washing dishes, dusting and cleaning
- Assisting in seeking employment and sign posting where necessary
- Access within the community e.g. life skills, such as opening a bank account, accessing the library, train/metro/bus services and other leisure activities.
- Prompting of prescribed medication, orally or topically
- Assistance with opening of medication packs.
A choice of meals provided on a daily basis, taking into account healthy options and nutritional values or allergies etc. Service users have access to snacks and drinks throughout the day.
Use of computers for internet access or personal training.
All staff are highly trained and professional in their service delivery and additionally, thorough background screenings including Criminal Records Bureau are performed on all individuals before they are hired for employment. All senior staff have extensive experience in caring for clients with learning disabilities in a variety of settings.
TMS Holly House comfortable, secure place for a adults to reside during the day, enabling them to socialise, stay active, remain productive and enjoy an improved quality of life.
Holly House – Mission Statement
Statement of Purpose – Summary
TMS Holly House aims to promote the well-being of individuals and help make life as fulfilling as possible. With this in mind TMS Holly House will improve social interaction, socialisation, psychological and physical well-being.
TMS Holly House will offer support to adults who may have arrange of care needs including; older people, people with physical disability, people with sensory loss including dual sensory impairment, mental health problems and learning disability.
Aims and Objectives
- TMS Holly House was established in April 2011
- TMS Holly House endeavours to ensure:-
- The provision of services and support;
- Public Education and Social Advocacy;
- Innovate and deliver new services;
- Partnership and co-operation with local agencies.
Our Vision – TMS aims to become a high quality provider of day services and will only expand its services without affecting quality either to clients, staff or any other stakeholder.
Our Mission – TMS will offer safe and secure day services at all times. Close personal attention to each client is essential to providing a quality experience for all clients; therefore, only adequately qualified and trained personnel will be employed to ensure each client has the proper supervision whilst in our care.
TMS Holly House aims to promote the well-being of less able people living in the community, whilst helping make life as fulfilling as possible with support, to enable individuals to lead a satisfying life.
Contact Holly House!
Holly House is based in West Bromwich, a northern suburb of Birmingham and all local areas will be served by the facility.
Clients who access the Day Services facility may attend by their own transport, taxis, buses, Metro or other facilities such as Ring and Ride.
The building is fully suited to Day Service and is adapted for access for disabled clients.